Fertility & IVF through TCM
Traditional Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture can be used to treat those who have been diagnosed with certain conditions or those who merely want some help to achieve natural conception. This treatment is noninvasive and can be worked alongside mainstream IVF treatment plans, increasing the couple's chances of conceiving.
At the start of the new year, there had been an increase of couples seeking guidance from acupuncturists about infertility treatments. Although mainstream medicine states that they have conducted their own “trails” and their results were deemed ineffective, though BAC stated the trails should have been conducted differently.
What can affect fertility?
- Emotional factors: depression and stress
- Environment/occupational factors: excessive and prolonged exposure high
- temperature, pesticides, toxic heavy metals, chemicals, radiation, heavy
- electromagnetic or microwave emissions, etc.
- Body mass index: being overweight and being underweight
- Medications: antidepressants, chemotherapeutic agents, ibuprofen (if taken chronically), etc.
How can acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine influence infertility?
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine affect the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovarian Axis, thus balancing hormones. Meanwhile, treatments help improve ovarian function, promote ovulation, increases blood flow to the uterus, thicken the endometrial lining, which also gives a better chance of embryo implantation.
Fertility treatments for males
For the male, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine have shown that they can affect hormone levels and testicular blood flow. Chinese herbal medicine, in particular, offers a significant improvement in sperm count, motility, morphology and liquefaction, it can also treat varicocele and anti-sperm antibody.
Fertility treatment though Homeopathy