Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can be used to treat those who have been diagnosed with certain conditions or those who merely want some help to achieve natural conception.
Common factors that risk fertility:
- Emotional factors: depression and stress
- Environment/occupational factors: excessive and prolonged exposure high temperature, pesticide, toxic heavy metals, chemicals, radiation, heavy electromagnetic or microwave emissions, etc.
- Body mass index: being overweight and being underweight
- Medication: such as antidepressants, chemotherapeutic agents, ibuprofen (if taken chronically), etc.
How can acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine influence infertility?
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine affect the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovarian Axis, thus balancing hormones. Meanwhile, treatments help improve ovarian function, promote ovulation, increases blood flow to the uterus, thicken the endometrial lining, which also gives a better chance of embryo implantation.
For male, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine have shown that they can affect hormone levels and testicular blood flow. Chinese herbal medicine, in particular, offers a significant improvement in sperm count, motility, morphology and liquefaction, it can also treat varicocele and anti-sperm antibody.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can treat infertility due to:
- Natural conception
- Support for IVF, ICSI or IUI
- Unexplained infertility
- Irregular periods
- Amenorrhea / Absent periods
- High FSH
- Low AMH
- Premature ovarian failure
- Luteal phase defect
- High prolactin / Hyperprolactinemia
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian dysfunction
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Fallopian tube blockage