What is Swedish Body Massage?
Swedish massage uses a variety of techniques to increase blood flow and circulation, increases flexibility and mobility, decrease pain and inflammation, relieves muscles of aches, stiffness and soreness, and creates an overall sense of relaxation.Swedish Body Massage involves different types of touch, pressure and flowing movements applied to the skin and underlying tissues to release muscular tension, relieve pain, facilitate healing from injury, alleviate stress, relax the body and enhance wellbeing.
Benefits of this therapy
- Improves skin tone, circulation, and elasticity
- Improves and encourages better circulation, therefore, more efficient delivery of nutrients and oxygen to cells and more efficient waste removal
- Encourages deeper and therefore more efficient and relaxed breathing
- Encourages better lymph drainage
- Boosts immunity
- Relieves muscle fatigue, soreness, and stiffness
- Relieves tired and stiff joints
- Promotes general relaxation, relaxing the body, thereby reducing stress tension and the effects of stress
- Relaxes the mind, thereby reducing anxiety and its effects
- Increases energy by invigorating all body systems and reducing fatigue
- Encourages better sleep, relieving insomnia
- Speeds up digestion
- Improves muscle suppleness
What to expect from a Swedish Massage?
Your Massage will probably last around 30 or 60 minutes. You will be given time to undress privately and to lie down on the massage table, which will be padded for extra comfort, and where you will cover yourself with a towel. You don’t have to be completely exposed at any point. Your Therapist can uncover one little part of you at a time depending on the area she is focusing on. If you are worried or concerned about anything, don’t hesitate to express your concerns to the Therapist.
Your Therapist will usually assess your skin complexion at the start of your Treatment and choose essential oils and lotions to suit your skin type. These will be massaged into your body using a series of strokes and techniques classic to Swedish Massage. The treatment is very sensitive to pressure and takes into account the delicate or tender areas of your body, so it will be comfortable and soothing.
It would be normal to play music during the massage as it can help you unwind and relax. Don’t be afraid to say if you would prefer not to have the music or indeed if there is any other aspect you are uncomfortable with during your treatment. Being content in your surroundings is important for relaxation and will help you to sink happily into your massage.
Where can I receive more guidance about Swedish massage treatment?
Our Swedish massage clinic (The Cenacle Treatment Centre) is located at former St Mary’s Rectory, Stockport, next to Manchester and Cheshire, provides Swedish massage treatments along with many other alternative and complementary therapies. Our location is set in peaceful relaxing grounds, adding to the healing and calming atmosphere of our clinic.
The aim of our Swedish massage center is to focus a number of alternative health therapies under one roof, thereby offering a comprehensive range of treatments for clients in the North West region.
For further information, call us on 0161 483 9005 or complete an enquiry form and one of our friendly staff will be happy to help with your enquiry