Natural nutrition is a type of nutritional therapy which acknowledges that we are all different and have unique dietary needs.
Aims of natural Nutrition :
- To promote a sense of well being
- To promote awareness of how the body has arrived at its current state of health.
- To use dietary and supplementation recommendations, which help to restore balance and well being.
- To us appropriate naturopathic techniques, which support elimination & detoxification.
Making sense of the current health picture
In order to understand the current state of health a detailed case history is taken which holistically builds a picture of the individual.
The case history process involves gathering information about:
- The current state of health and well being
- Lifestyle factors influencing health and diet
- Health and diet at key stages such as: birth, child hood, adolescence, pregnancy menapause etc
- Inherited picture; relevant health of parents grandparents siblings etc
- A typical days diet.